Friday, June 6, 2014

This Is It

This is it, my final blog. I feel that it’s only appropriate to use this one as a reflection on my year in An American Studies. This course didn’t immediately click with me. I’m a pretty structured person and so the lose form of this class sent me into a bit of a shock. In fact, I’m pretty sure I didn’t speak the entire first quarter of the year. What can I say, the class was huge and I was intimidated. I swear it seemed like people would have their hands in the air before my teachers were done asking the questions and I didn’t think I had much to contribute with how smart everyone around me was.
Thankfully, I have come a long way since them. To start, I am no longer mute in this class. Although I still can be intimidated by the size and by the intelligence of my peers, I’m no longer afraid to toss my hat into the ring. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Who cares? I even screamed at the top of my lungs twelve times in front of my class the other day for my role in The Kentucky Cycle without a second thought.

I have learned so much from this class and I feel like it’s allowed me to look at the world more critically than I ever would have before. So thank you Bolos and O’Connor for teaching me to let my voice be heard and question the world around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment