Sunday, April 6, 2014

What's to Come


For those of you who have read my blog before, you know that there's not exactly a theme for what I blog about. It's pretty much just whatever's on my mind or some random current event I stumble upon. Well, I'm just posting to tell you all that things are about to change.
My American Studies class just started a paper called junior theme (basically just a big research paper with a fancy name at New Trier). Our assignment was to ask a why question about a current issue in the world and then write an inquiry about it. So, with that being said, my why question is why is there a decline in the practice of religion among the millennial generation?
In my next several blog posts I will be exploring possible answers to this question. These topics include the increase in support for the gay community, scientific advancements, being scared off by religious extreme groups, and for varying opinions on social issues such as abortion. This is not every answer to this question that I will be looking in to, just a few I've stumbled upon thus far. So if any of you have any possible answers you would like me to explore, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment